Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hot Glue vs E6000

I love hot glue. Duct tape? Whatever. Hot glue is the shitz. That's what holds the world together, right there. I use it on my buttons, on my thumbtacks, wherever I can. It's not really reliable for high-stress situations or really slick surfaces, but there's another option.

E6000, miracle glue. Perfect for high-stress products like bobby pins, and rings.

It eats through hot glue.

Crafters, beware! Especially hose who use buttons.

If you have a stack of buttons hot-glued together, the E6000 will probably go through the holes of the bottom button and eat through the glue that holds on the top buttons.

Now, if I'm making something so that I can wear it that day, or I'm really eager to take my Etsy photos, I use hot glue. Then I pop it apart, if I can, and reglue it with the strong stuff.

This may not be an exceptionally interesting blog post, but I think the crafting community deserves the heads-up. Hopefully someone benefits from reading this. =)

E6000 is amazing, by the way.

1 comment:

  1. Uh yeah, that's amazing. I learned long ago that hot glue and buttons pretty much hate each other. Going to buy some of this magic stuff.

    ReplyDelete